Personalize Your Email Address
You can personalize your email address by creating an alias (an easier-to-remember address). People commonly use their first and last name as their email alias. For example, you can register email@example.com as an alias for firstname.lastname@example.org through MyProfile. Students and alumni are limited to one email alias; employees can create multiple email aliases.
To create an email alias:
- Log in to MY Profile with your NSID
- Click on the Edit link in the Email section.
- In the Aliases Tab, click the New Alias link at the bottom.
- Type in the alias you want to use in the Alias text box. NOTE: It must contain at least one . (period) -- such as john.smith
- Select your Department or College from the drop down list
- If you want your email alias published in the public email directory, put a check in the box for Searchable off campus.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: Email alias' take 1 hour before they become active to external senders.