What is Assessment?
Assessment is defined as the systematic collection, review, and use of information about educational programs, research performance, and organizational structures undertaken for the purposes of improving student learning and development, improving and assuring quality in program and service offerings, stimulating creative research and scholarly endeavours, and achieving alignment with institution-wide goals. The Framework for Assessment document below identifies areas of high priority for university-level attention and their implications for the campus community.
Key Assessment Documents
Assessment Activities at the U of S
- Graduate Program Review
- Surveys with undergraduate students
- Student focus groups on teaching and learning (Jan – May 2006)
- 2011 survey of graduate outcomes: 2009-2010 graduating class
- Survey of graduate outcomes: 2004-2005 graduating class
- Systematic Program Review
Primary contacts: Assistant Provost, Institutional Planning and Assessment
Related units: Information Strategy and Analytics