Provost's Committee on Integrated Planning (PCIP)
PCIP provides the link between the academic priorities of the university and its business and budgetary priorities. PCIP is the administration’s planning and budgetary body and is responsible for:
- the structure of integrated planning
- recommendations to the Board of Governors on operating and capital resource levels
- review of plans of academic and administrative units
- making resource decisions related to the university’s integrated plan and managing the Academic Priorities Fund.
The PCIP Advisory Committee was constituted as part of the implementation of the PCIP Terms of Reference, approved by PCIP in the spring of 2009. The advisory committee will advise proponents regarding the development of proposals to ensure decision-readiness.
Please see the PCIP Terms of Reference for further details about PCIP and the PCIP Advisory Committee.
PCIP meets approximately every two weeks during the period September through June and as necessary in between. For assistance or to submit a proposal, please email email@example.com or call 306-966-4685.
Every proposal or request to the Provost's Committee on Integrated Planning (PCIP) requires an executive sponsor who is normally a member of PCIP. Executive sponsors serve the following roles:
- Guide proponents as to if or where an item fits in terms of institutional priorities;
- Assist in the framing of the initiative;
- Determine when a request is ready to enter the PCIP process or proceed to the board; and
- Are an important gatekeeper role to PCIP; this implies that not all proposals presented to an executive sponsor will proceed to PCIP.
To request an executive sponsor, please submit your idea using the online form.
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
PCIP MEMBERS 2014-15
- Ernie Barber, interim provost and vice-president academic (chair)
- Greg Fowler, vice-president, finances and resources (vice-chair)
- Karen Chad, vice-president, research
- Heather Magotiaux, vice-president, Advancement and Community Engagement
- Jim Germida, vice-provost, faculty relations
- Patti McDougall, vice-provost, teaching and learning
- Peter Stoicheff, dean, College of Arts and Science
- Troy Harkot, director, institutional effectiveness
- Jacquie Thomarat, acting director, budget strategy and planning
- Crystal Maslin, coordinator, institutional planning and governance