U of S Course Tools contains many great features for instructors and students such as:
- flexibility to organize online content;
- ability to access Course Tools from mobile devices (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, iPad);
- a tool to give (and mark) quizzes;
- an assignment tool that lets you return online marked assignments to students;
- a Grade Book to organize and distribute assignment marks to students.
Need help now? Call 966-4817 or contact us.
Top 10 Overall List of the most common tasks you may do:
- Add a TA to my course (more...)
- Add a Guest to my course (more...)
- Add a syllabus (more...)
- View course as student (more...)
- Add content - text, files, folders, images, links (more...)
- Build assignment hand in 'folders' (more...)
- Add grades to grade book (more...)
- Email students; change email settings (more...)
- View classlist (more...)
- Add a discussion (more...)
Help Documents - Print if you prefer...
Right click and select Save As to download the PDF
- Comparing PAWS Course Tools to New Course Tools
- Basics and Building Content
- Working with the Syllabus Tool
- Making a Course Available/Unavailable to Students
- Copying a Development Course to a Live Course
- Working with the Content Editor
- Using ShareStream to add Media to a Course
- Working with Assignments
- Working with Pools, Questions and Tests
- Reusing Questions for Tests
- Best Practices for Exams
- Quick reference guide for Copyright Do's and Don'ts
- Copyright Management at the U of S
- Help with Copyright? Contact Copyright at the U of S
As of the end of May, 2013, students are able to email instructors, TA's and single / select students in their classes.
Students may opt out by following the instructions on the the My Courses Tab > Privacy Settings Module.
Instructors can change the e-mail settings in the course by following instructions on the following pages:
Class Lists: http://www.usask.ca/its/courses/coursetools/help.html (find "Enabling Roster Tool" under General FAQ)
See what others are doing...
Innovative Teaching - BlackBoard.com/BITS
New support site from BlackBoard for faculty - go.blackboard.com/faculty