Instructors: Get Started
Top 10 Overall List of the most common tasks you may do:
- Add a TA to my course (more...)
- Add a Guest to my course (more...)
- Add a syllabus (more...)
- View course as student (more...)
- Add content - text, files, folders, images, links (more...)
- Build assignment hand in 'folders' (more...)
- Add grades to grade book (more...)
- Email students; change email settings (more...)
- View classlist (more...)
- Add a discussion (more...)
- Quick reference guide for Copyright Do's and Don'ts
- Copyright Management at the U of S
- Help with Copyright? Contact Copyright at the U of S
The ability for students to see who else is registered in their classes and to send e-mail to their classes is turned off by default in the U of S Course Tools (Blackboard). The University is bound to protect the privacy rights of all students. These rights include the protection of information regarding both students registration at the University in general and their membership in specific courses.
This information should not be discussed with or confirmed or released to others unless the student grants permission.
Instructors have the ability to enable class lists and student e-mail once they have given students one week's notice that this will occur and informed students what information will be made available and provided instructions on how students can opt out if they choose.
Students opt out by following the instructions on this page (under General FAQ)
Instructors can enable class lists and student e-mail by following instructions on the following pages:
Class Lists: http://www.usask.ca/its/courses/coursetools/help.html (find "Enabling Roster Tool" under General FAQ)
See what others are doing...
Innovative Teaching - BlackBoard.com/BITS
New support site from BlackBoard for faculty - go.blackboard.com/faculty