1) Login to the ICT cloud store
2) You will see a list of all your virtual machines. Click the "DNS Change Request" for the virtual machine you wish to change. A new email will open in your default mail client.
3) In the mail, change "newNameHere" (highlighted) to your desired computer name. You can also add any instructions for ICT Networks or references to the old name in the body if you wish. Please do not modify any other parts of the string.
Hostname changes are done by ICT Networks and should be done in 4 hours. You will recieve a reply from them when the change has been applied.
4) The next steps need to be completed in the vCloud advanced interface. You will find a link on the right side of your Virtual Machine list (above the grey bar)
5) Login to the advanced interface with your nsid and password
6) Click the "My Cloud" tab
7) Click on the gear and choose Stop from the drop down menu to stop the vApp. This will gracefully power down the machine.
8) Click Yes to proceed with the shutdown.
9) Wait until the vApp status shows "Stopped" then click on the vApp name to highlight it.
10) Click the "VMs" link on the left hand side menu
11) Highlight the virtual machine by clicking once and click on the gear icon to access the drop down menu. Choose properties.
12) Change both the "Virtual Machine name" and "Computer name" fields to the new computer name and click "Ok". Wait until the process is complete (~2 minutes)
13) On the left tree menu, click "vApps", highlight your vApp, then click on the green start button. Once the vm has started you can clck on the console thumbnail.
14) Once the virtual machine has finished booting, you can either click inside the console and logon with your nsid or ssh into the box.