This set-up guide will use information for John Smith as an example. John Smith has email@example.com as an e-mail address and has firstname.lastname@example.org as an e-mail alias.
Please Note: An e-mail alias (e.g. email@example.com) is created in mits.usask.ca and for this guide has been used in the Thunderbird setup. If you have not already created an e-mail alias for your firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address, please login to mits.usask.ca to create one.
1. Download the Thunderbird e-mail client. (http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/)
2. Install the Thunderbird program by dragging Thunderbird from the mounted disk image to your Applications Folder:
3. Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
4. Enter the following information:
5. Press Continue.
6. Thunderbird will attempt to find the settings for your email account automically and return the following:
7. Press the Manual config button.
8. Make the following changes:
9. Press Create Account.
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird program.
2. Click on the Tools pull-down menu and select Account Settings:
3. In the Account Settings window under account list select Server Settings:
4. Make the following changes:
5. Press OK.