This set-up guide will use information for John Smith as an example. John Smith has email@example.com as an e-mail address and has firstname.lastname@example.org as an e-mail alias.
Please Note: An e-mail alias (e.g. email@example.com) is created in mits.usask.ca and for this guide has been used in the Thunderbird setup. If you have not already created an e-mail alias for your firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address, please login to mits.usask.ca to create one.
1. Download and install the Thunderbird e-mail client. (http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/)
2. Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
3. Enter the following information:
4. Press Continue.
5. Thunderbird will attempt to find the settings for your email account automically and return the following:
6. Press the Manual config button.
7. Make the following changes:
8. Press Create Account.
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird program.
2. Click on the Tools pull-down menu and select Account Settings:
3. In the Account Settings window under account list select Server Settings:
4. Make the following changes:
5. Click on 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)'
6. If 'Server Name' is not 'smtp.usask.ca' or 'Port' is not '587' or 'Connection Security' is not 'STARTTLS', click on the 'Edit' button to change the settings
7. Enter the correct settings as below
8. Click 'OK' to save the SMTP settings.
9. Click 'OK' again to save Account settings.