NOTE: If you are accessing your Cabinet share from off campus you will need to use the Off-Campus File Service Gateway method, or first establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to campus each time you access the drive.
1. From your Desktop, open File Explorer by clicking on the folder icon in bottom left task tray:
2. In the Left side menu, right click on Network and select Map Network Drive:
3. In the "Drive" pull-down menu select a letter (in this case the letter "Z" is selected). You may select any letter that is not currently being used.
4. In the Folder box insert \\cabinet.usask.ca\work$\abc123 (where abc123 is your NSID)
5. If you want the drive to be mapped every time you use your computer, then select "Reconnect at login."
6. Click "Finish."
7. When prompted for username and password, type in:
User Name: USASK\NSID (ie USASK\abc123)
Password: Your NSID password.
To access/view your new drive: