There are two ways to connect to File Services using the Off-Campus File Service Gateway from a Windows desktop:
1. From your Desktop, click the folder icon in bottom task tray. (On Windows XP, click Start and 'My Network Places').
2. Right-Click on Computer in the left side menu and select 'Add a Network Location' (On Windows XP, Double-Click the 'Add a network place' link)
3. The Add Network Location wizard will open (on Windows XP, its called the Add Network Place wizard). Click Next.
4. Click Next again.
5. If you're connecting to Cabinet, enter 'https://webshare.usask.ca/cabinet/abc123' as the network address (remember to replace abc123 with your own NSID). If you're connecting to Jade, enter 'https://webshare.usask.ca/jade/sharename' as the network address, where 'sharename' is replaced with the name of the file share on Jade that you wish to connect to.
6. Enter your NSID and password in the pop-up window.
7. Enter an appropriate name for this Network location such as 'Cabinet' or 'Share on Jade'.
8. Click Finish to close the wizard.
9. A Network Location will be saved and an Explorer window for your file share will open.
Note that once you have created this Network Location, it will show up in your list of Network Locations in Computer. Next time you want to re-connect, you can Click on 'Start' 'Computer' and then Double-Click the saved network location ('Cabinet' in the example above).
1. From your Desktop, click the folder icon in bottom task tray:
2. Right click on Network in the left side menu and select Map Network Drive:
3. Select an available drive letter from the drop down list. For Cabinet, enter 'https://webshare.usask.ca/cabinet/abc123' (replace abc123 with your own NSID) at the 'Folder' prompt. For Jade shares, enter 'https://webshare.usask.ca/jade/sharename' (replace sharename with the name of the file share on Jade that you wish to connect to). If you want the mapped drive to be reconnected each time you restart your computer, then leave the 'Reconnect at logon' box checked. Click 'Finish'.
4. Enter your NSID and password in the pop-up window.
5. A mapped drive will be added and an Explorer window will open.