The following wireless set-up instructions are for computers with the Windows 7 operating system.
NOTE: Please make sure that your Windows Operating System has all the "important" updates installed and that your wireless adaptor driver is up-to-date. For assistance updating the driver on your wireless adaptor, please contact your computer's vendor or the ICT Help Desk.
1. Select the Control Panel from your Start Menu:
2. Select Network and Internet.
3. Select Network and Sharing Center.
4. Select Manage Wireless Networks which is on the left side menu.
5. Click the Add button.
6. Select Manually create a network profile.
7. Use the following information:
Network Name: uofs-secure
Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
For Encryption Type: AES
Check the box for Start this connection automatically
8. Click the Next button then click Change Connection Settings.
9. Open the Security Tab and do the following:
for Choose a network authentication method select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
then click the Setting button
10. Do the following:
11. Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) then click the OK button.
12. Click the OK button to close the wireless properties window.
13. Click the Advanced settings button.
14. Update the Advance settings window and click the Save credentials button
15. Enter your credentials and click the OK button
16. Click the OK button on the Advanced Settings window and then uofs-secure Wireless Network Properties window.
17. Click the Close button on the Manually Connect to a wireless network window.
18. Close the Manage Wireless Networks window by clicking the Red X in top right corner.
For additional assistance, please contact the ICT Help Desk.