The University has purchased 40 concurrent licenses for Stata/SE, a statistical software package, written by StataCorp. The software does not have to be installed on the local computer, but requires a 64-bit Windows operating system to run. It can only be used on a campus computer.
To use the software on your computer:
1) open the network drive "\\stata\stata13" (Show me) If the drive does not mount, you may need to provide a username of the form abc123@USASK, where abc123 represents your NSID, in order to login on "stata".
2) right click on the file "StataSE-64.exe", and select copy (Show me)
3) right click on the desktop and select paste shortcut (Show me)
4) right click on the icon, select Properties and set the "Start in" field to a directory on your local machine (Show me)
5) click on the shortcut icon to start Stata
If you do not have a 64 bit Windows system installed on your computer, you may still access this software through the campus remote access lab.
The help system is quite extensive, including access to the manuals through the help menu. There are example data sets included for experimentation. If you wish to explore more resources, please visit the StataCorp support page.