Academic administrators include deans, executive directors, vice-deans, associate deans, assistant deans and department heads, supported by the Office of the Provost and the provost's executive offices.
Deans' Council discusses a variety of academic and administrative issues and shares information on many topics affecting the institution.
The council, chaired by the provost and vice-president academic, is composed of all deans, executive directors of schools, vice-deans from the College of Arts and Science, and vice-provosts, with the executive assistant to the provost and vice-president academic serving as secretary.
The expanded Deans’ Council consists of those listed above as well as the vice-presidents, associate vice-presidents and assistant provost.
Deans’ Council executive
Purpose: to allow all deans/executive directors an opportunity to become actively engaged as a member of the deans’ executive. Deans’ executive members will assist with setting the agenda for deans’ council meetings, the deans’ retreat and other events deans may be involved in.
- The executive will consist of two deans/executive directors
- Terms will be two years in length, alternating years for each member
- Terms will run from September to August
- Elections/nominations will occur at the first meeting in June of each year. The provost will have the opportunity for final confirmation of executive members
- Results will be announced at the second meeting in June of each year