RE: offtopic - photoshop problem?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: RE: offtopic - photoshop problem?
- From: Eric Neilsen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:59:52 -0600
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:References:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:In-reply-to:Thread-Index;b=5Vof2U902zp8ybGIRiR7AyWf6GwqBlopuIq36WdM8LMHDvllaVtb9Es9/gVF5Hz9nTguBkCWM7YsREznmtHe1E23lBXnr8/WK9xbEOj0Xx0cznxd745RU3D3lfu0ovUG4nCEnr/lS6fnMk3xdfrUVTLt1lW2QgrmVX8S0PZp30A= ;
- In-reply-to: <45E632F7.email@example.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <45E632F7.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcdbpRCfy2W5+Q8XQ2u2CyFYdWM2KgACD9UQ
Gord, Does she have multiple drives? And is she using them as scratch? I
have occasionally seen my PS temp files get left behind. After PS closes, do
the HD get cleared of those files?
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Dallas, TX 75226
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gordon J. Holtslander [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:57 PM
> To: alt-photo-process-L@usask.ca
> Subject: offtopic - photoshop problem?
> A somewhat off topic question ...
> I'm helping someone with their computer, windows XP. She uses
> photoshop to process lots of images
> Her hard drive consumes 100 s of MB of disk space in a short time - a
> few hours. Nothing is downloaded or installed but the disk usage
> increases significantly.
> One of the suspects is photoshops scratch drive temporary files. Does
> anyone have similar experience with photoshop?
> I'm not a photoshop expert - is it possible to indentify the temporary
> files photoshop produces? If photoshop misbehaves can it leave large
> volumes of files on a system?