Re: Direct Carbon and Echague's Clues
Hi John and Jusdado,
I wonder if a lot of the clues couldn't be found in the old literature under Artigue. I just got back from a 2 1/2 wk trip (no phone and no internet) for the express purposes of plowing through all my gum notes undistracted, and of course have a bunch of different articles I have saved about the Artigue paper. Perhaps that would be of interest to any? Of course, Artigue was a secret as was Fresson, but there were a bunch of people who made guesses as to what it was (Duchochois, the Austrians), and before Artigue came on the market it might be beneficial to see what was being done right before his discovery. I've got the father and the son who developed the paper over a period of years, the son putting it on the market, but all say that the paper was definitely made with more than gum, and many that it was dusted on in a box. Gelatin, fish glue, sugar, are three ingredients that come to mind. Anway....I have to review Nadeau's chapter on such to see if he said it all anyway, but it is always good to have the original articles/books to double check--especially helpful when reviewing gum history about poor Pouncy.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jusdado" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: Direct Carbon and Echague's Clues
John Grocott escribió:
Hello to all: Please tell me where he/she has found that sentence of Ortiz Echague and that more wants to translate or to interpret. As me I am Spanish, he/she could help in the interpretation. GENERALLY in Spain it could be interpreted as 90% of the cases, leaving alone 10% for other uses. Then if Echague toward their layer GENERALLY with jello, we could say that 90% or more than their mixtures it used jello and not any other element. The use of another product that was jello, could even be worthless for our studies. Thank you and pardon for my English, text translated by computer.