Purity & Prices
- To: Alt Photo <email@example.com>
- Subject: Purity & Prices
- From: eric nelson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:41:05 -0500
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;b=Zmt73svvqO2MH+6Jhzb9Bi5DhOalACMsRXYm/wobRK4SlGyrbUtX0+6ybcFiXHLtZL+vZmuL3JSUhm0UGKhjcc+e2N6ynk5f0x3+r4XwM2XPNXbmew8oo7F9NRa6r6+kaXSnywbyBpCov+GlYXfHjM/DbFFdw+4H4ucgvSVt3V0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta;h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;b=iexspd+pK8+jXY4vTJeu0bRPf2ZA628hMVP4DFlFc8ZfYar5yP+nOd55fh/K2umlXbOQXk1SuD0JPAGEaY419FNJVu/VoCsBtLF8v7dsYlwxxDuWUh8zxu/RRaIjVZ++vIIrRoPfE0Y67LHWB2Q14flZi5CskyYwt3GVLHqKolQ=
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I was just doing some online searches for silver nitrate crystals and 1% gold chloride solution and I found that the prices can vary widely. $30-54 for 100 mls for the Au and .60 -.99 per gram for the silver.
With the silver nitrate, the purity affects the price a lot but doesn't seem to be a big difference in terms of purity.
My question to the group is, does a purity difference of 99.99% vs 99.995% make enough of a difference for albumen printing? My guess is that it doesn't but I wanted to check with the experts first! This purity difference makes a $30 difference in the price of 100 grams of AgNO3.
Also, has anyone had any experience with saltlakemetals.com