RE: ferric oxalate
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: RE: ferric oxalate
- From: EJ Photo <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 09:45:23 -0500
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Organization:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:Thread-Index;b=Rs0tVwUpTF3i1i4gBgyNMKWmt8+hb3ALDsiT7b4ZVwoqk2Wp8eToEBik4OaJP8q8VKyIbZ+WtwbVaek3pU+i2etK4SmKPWdSw5M/V1HEM7p3YQha1UenL01lhPuEBN107oD3m0yJ79yyhyraCX5WExmrdTuDsncu9XUEVqHgBno= ;
- In-reply-to: <49D9931B.email@example.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: EJ Neilsen Photography
- References: <49D9931B.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: Acm2eQK872D5EPxaTBmT+9N3t0puRABEkNrA
Juan, That appears to be Iron II oxalate CAS # 6047-25-2. (the CAS # is a
really good way to tell what you have. Do you see a CAS# on the bottle or in
the paper work?
You need Iron III Oxalate (CAS 19469-07-9)
It should read Fe2(C2O4) . 6 H2O
And while some will point out that it may or may not be exact, that will be
what the supplier will put on the bottle.
To your Iron II compound you may be able to add highly concentrated H2O2
Hydrogen Peroxide. But you are probably better of asking the supplier to
resend some Iron III oxalate.
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
From: Juan Miguel Jusdado [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 12:29 AM
Subject: ferric oxalate
Thanks to all to answer.
1. - I don't have magnetic mixer.
2. - the ferric oxalato that I am mixing is of yellow color.
3. - 2 days mixing and alone there is yellow mud in the bottom.
4. - if he/she ended up mixing completely, I believe that he/she would
have color yellow ocher, never clear and transparent.
5. - the formula that figures in the bottle is:
Fe(CoO)_2 **2H_2 O *
6. - I also have oxalato ferric amónico. The formula that figures in the
* (C_2 O_4 )_3 Fe(NH_4 )_3 4H_2 O*
7. - I am preparing this mixture for kalitípia processes.
Could it substitute the ferric oxalato for the oxalato ferric amónico
for the same purpose?.
Thank you and excuse for my English, text translated by computer