Hal Faulkner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sat, 05 Jun 1999 13:01:42 -0700
Along the same lines, if you are in a hurry, boil the water. This should
drive off the chlorine, then use it as soon as it has cooled. This will
have the added advantage of driving off most of the dissolved oxygen.
Back when I used Amidol as a print developer, I would always use hot tap
water to dissolve the sulfite and as it cooled to room temperature would
dissolve the amidol. I told myself that it lasted longer because there was
less dissolved oxygen in the developer.
From: SoVerySLY@aol.com [mailto:SoVerySLY@aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: Chlorine in tap water
Could using a a de-chlorinator (available in pet shops that have aquarium
supplies) work, or is there some reason it won't? When I've had to
de-chlorinate my fish tanks (when adding fresh water), I've used the
de-chlorinators or, if I plan ahead (not my strong suit), I let the water
uncovered in a bucket (large surface area) for 24 hours to let the chlorine
evaporate from the water. Maybe this will help?
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Thu Oct 28 1999 - 21:39:36