Judy Seigel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:15:40 -0400 (EDT)
> FotoDave@aol.com wrote:
> > <snip>
> > But the problem for me was, when I used the Jobo drum without the ribs to
> > process Arista lith film, there were stains on the back and some of the
> > stains were tough that it did not completely clear after the soak in the
> > above. Others might not have that problem, but I did.
My reason for contemplating the grooves, or actually the rods that I was
going to glue on, was not because of any problem with dye on the back...
that didn't seem to happen (maybe I did a pre-soak, I forget). It was
because the large sheets of floppy lith film (12 by 18 inches) clung
unevenly to the wall, also with just a hollow tube the flow on the inside
was too regular, there didn't seem enough turbulence to disturb the
laminar layer -- at least that was my quite inexperienced "diagnosis."
It's possible that upending as Kerik says he does would have solved that,
but in the very short development of lith it also didn't seem ideal.
Then again maybe the dilute Dektol I was using ate stain better
than Dave's developer...
| Judy Seigel, Editor >
| World Journal of Post-Factory Photography > "HOW-TO and WHY"
| email@example.com >
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Fri Nov 05 1999 - 21:26:28