[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re:Homemade paper and Luminos
>Garimo- How did you get such a nice print that you showed me on the
Do you mean besides all the experiments and the failures? ;-)
Here are some of our differences. The paper I made was 100% cotton rag,
I used the scrap pieces from the inside part of mat board windows.
Ripped it into pieces, soaked it a few days in water, chopped into pulp
in a blender. I also used a frame. The first couple of papers were too
absorbent and the exposed emulsions would be just a gray like you
described. Later papers (like the one with the image you saw) in a
attempt to prevent the emulsion from being soaked up like a sponge I
added a wood cellulose glue to the pulp and water as a internal sizing.
The bottle said it dried clear became waterproof when dried. The
results were much better with that batch of paper. I still think the
emulsion soaked too deeply into the paper and with my next attempt I'll
try also sizing the exterior. I'm hopeing to make more paper this
summer if it ever stops raining...Good luck with your next experiments.