Date: 01/19/01-02:41:10 PM Z
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 07:05:22 -0800 Jack Fulton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Simply put you have either formed an unusual stain within your
> process chemistry or you have actually processed C41 film thinking it
> E6. Read the numbers on the side of the film and correlate those to a
> standard manufacturer's designation.
> There is no substantive reason to achieve the orange mask by doing
> what you did.
At first I thought I had done something stupid also, so I tried again,
same thing. Just a bit of background... I have been processing color
since '79 and am quite familiar with the processes. I have a 16" RA-4 RT
processor and do custom and rush work commercialy. I found a local shop
that can refinish rollers and make new ones reasonably and since B&W work
is fairly slow now, the Ektagraphic B&W machine has been torn down for
much needed maintenance.
The chemistry- NeoColor C-41
The film- 3M E-6 Color Slide 400 and T-640
The process- 3 minutes in developer at 100 deg F
1 minute rinse in clear 100 deg water
6 minutes blix
3 minutes wash in running water
The results is what appears to be a normal negative with higher contrast.
They print nicely with sharp contrast and grain, it is really colorfull
and punchy. I would like to have a mostly clear base for screen
projection of these false color images.
Tony Ascrizzi - Electric Vehicle Systems
34 Paine St.
Worcester, MA 01605 (508) 799-5650
Web Page -->http://ElectricVehicleSystems.com
President -->New England Electric Auto Association
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : 02/05/01-11:45:22 AM Z CST