From: Robert W. Schramm (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: 04/09/02-05:03:07 PM Z
There is no need for a respirator for platinum printing unless you insist on
heat drying your coated paper. This is a bad idea since little particles can
flake off and drift around the room. Besides, there is evidence that heat
drying will result in the loss of one or more steps (on a 21 step wedge) of
I would suggest you wear gloves, however, as the sensitizer can be absorbed
through your skin. Also potassium oxalate developer, if you use it, is toxic
and can also be absorbed through your skin. If you use HCl to clear and you
are working with concentrated acid, don't pour water into acid but I suspect
you learned that in chemistry class. PS latex gloves won't work. Use Nitrel
(sp?) gloves (they are blue).
Check out my web page at:
also look at:
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : 05/01/02-11:43:29 AM Z CST