What are some good sources for understanding the way precautions (or
their lack) reduce risk? How do you recognize early toxicity effects?
When is a good time to start worrying? For example, can dichromate
poisoning accrue from blow-drying a dozen prints, or do you really have
to spend years mixing powders and dipping your hands in solution until
they are permanently yellow? Is there a classification standard for
photographic chemicals that would let you know in general how to behave?
Who knows about toxic effects, how to test for them, and how to correct
them? Is this something you should expect of your family physician? If
not, who are the experts? Whom do you call? I''l bet that people have
spent alot of time negotiating this maze. An ounce or two of
foreknowledge would be a useful thing.