From: Bonavia-Fisher, Bruna
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:47 PM
To: McEwen, Sherri
Subject: GPII Round 3 Announcement
Call for Proposals: Global Partners II Round 3
With support from the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), the OVPR’s International Research Office (IRO) is offering a seed grant program called Global Partners II, a campus wide funding opportunity.
Global Partners II will enable researchers and graduate students develop and expand their international collaborations by providing grants for research and travel, support for international lecturers, and collaborative research opportunities.
- Standard grant: Up to $10,000 per project (up to 6 projects will be funded)
- Enhanced grant (by invitation and based on available funds): One or two meritorious projects will be invited to apply for an additional $10,000 per project to enhance their activities and results in three strategic areas: student mobility, research and/or knowledge translation
- Graduate student scholarships: Up to $5,000 per project (up to 2 projects will be funded)
Global Partners II will support research under five broad thematic priorities:
• Environment and Natural Resource Management (ENRM)
• Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D)
• Innovation, Policy and Science (IPS)
• Social and Economic Policy (SEP)
• Global Health- Governance and Equity and Health (GHGE)
Full proposals may be submitted to the International Research Office (110 Gymnasium Place) at firstname.lastname@example.org any time between now and 4:30 pm, February 15th, 2011. Electronic submission is encouraged.
Please see attached application form and guidelines. To aid you in your proposal development we have also provided you with the selection criteria guide that will be used the GPII Review and Selection Committee. Please note that due to limited funding new applicants to the program will be given priority.
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact Bruna Bonavia-Fisher, International Research Facilitator at email@example.com. Graduate students are encouraged to contact us prior to preparation of their applications.
Bruna Bonavia-Fisher, PhD
International Research Facilitator
International Research Office
University of Saskatchewan
110 Gymnasium Place
Saskatoon SK S7N 4J8
Telephone (306) 966-1687
Website: International Research Office