For help with these applications please contact the International Research Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Australia Awards - Endeavour Executive Awards
Build international professional links and collaborations with Australia.
The Endeavour Executive Award provides up to AUS$18,500 for international applicants in business, industry, education or government to undertake 1-4 months of professional development in Australia.
Applications are now open (closing on 30 June 2011) for Awards to be undertaken in 2012.
The Award enables the recipient to build skills and knowledge in a host work environment through activities such as: management training, peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, and short courses. Applicants must be nominated by an Australian host organisation and the professional development activity must be vocationally useful and not geared toward completion of a degree, or an immediate commercial outcome.
The Endeavour Executive Awards are funded by the Australian government and aim to deepen professional engagements, while building linkages and networks between Australia and participating countries.
The Endeavour Awards is the Australian Government’s internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship program providing opportunities for citizens of the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia. Awards are also available for Australians to undertake study, research and professional development abroad.
The Endeavour Awards aim to:
· Develop on-going educational, research and professional linkages between individuals, organisations and countries;
· Provide opportunities for high achieving individuals from Australia and overseas to increase their skills and enhance their global awareness;
· Contribute to Australia’s position as a high quality education and training provider, and a leader in research and innovation; and
· Increase the productivity of Australians through an international study, research or professional development experience.
The Endeavour Awards are a part of the Australia Awards initiative which was announced by the Government in November 2009. The Australia Awards have been established to maximise the benefit to Australia of its extensive scholarship programs, and to support enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours.
The Australia Awards will bring together the international development awards administrated by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations’ (DEEWR) Endeavour Awards under a single recognisable brand. Further information is available at www.AustraliaAwards.gov.au. These Guidelines provide information for applicants wishing to apply for any of the following categories of Endeavour Award:
· Endeavour Postgraduate Award
· Endeavour Research Fellowships (Including the Endeavour Australia Cheung Kong Research Fellowships & the Endeavour Research Fellowships for Indigenous Australians)
· Endeavour Vocational Education and Training (VET) Award
· Endeavour Executive Award
· Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Awards.
GUIDELINES: Applications and further information are available at http://www.deewr.gov.au/International/EndeavourAwards/IntApp/Pages/ExecutiveAwards.aspx
These Guidelines will aid you in preparing your application. You should read them in full to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for the Awards.
You must also ensure that you fully address all the selection criteria for the Award you are applying for and submit your application and correct supporting documentation by the closing date as late applications will not be considered.