Re: Summer Job Opportunity - Research Assistant
Summer Job Opportunity
The Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation (SHRF) is looking for an individual to work 37.5 hours per week as a Summer Research Assistant from May through August 2004. This position would be of interest to a senior undergraduate or graduate student in a social science or health-related area who is planning to return to school in the fall. The ideal candidate will possess good organizational ability, be a self-starter, enjoy working collaboratively with others, and have an interest in health research.
The Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation (SHRF) is based at Innovation Place in Saskatoon and is responsible for managing most of Saskatchewan’s health research funding. Created by The SHRF Act early in 2003, it has a mandate to fund and promote health research in Saskatchewan and across a broad spectrum that includes biomedical, clinical, health services and policy research, and population health. SHRF offers a collegial working environment and an excellent opportunity to develop applied research skills. For more information about SHRF, please visit our Web site: www.shrf.ca.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and will also work closely with our Program & Evaluation Officer to carry out a range of activities, including:
• Conducting Internet and literature searches in several areas, such as evaluation, communications and knowledge translation;
• Gathering follow-up evaluation survey data from SHRF grant and award holders;
• Extracting and organizing data from historical files and records;
• Revising and updating various databases;
• Preparing reports and presentations; and
• Assisting with general administrative duties, as needed (answering phones, filing, etc.).
• University training in a social science or health-related area;
• Experience with electronic library search databases;
• Experience with computerized word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, and
databases, including software such as Word, Power Point, Excel and Access; and
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Apply in writing by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 10, 2004. Mail, fax, e-mail or drop off applications to Val Ziegler, Administrative Secretary, SHRF (address above). Please include a letter explaining why you want the job and are a good fit for it, a resume of relevant experience and education, and the names of three references, including one work- and one school-related.