2nd WORKSHOP ON
Practice and Theory of IT Security (PTITS'2008)
PTITS’2008 is a workshop for the presentation of short papers on innovative research
in IT security and privacy. It will include presentations given by invited speakers.
It is organized as a satellite workshop of the Montreal Conference on e-Technologies
MCETECH 2008. The workshop will take place on January 22nd, 2008 (before the first day
of MCETECH 2008) in Montréal.
The workshop is a quality scientific meeting where researchers can present original
contributions on information technology security and privacy, applied or theoretical.
More precisely, topics of this workshop include (but are not limited to):
- Network security.
- Application and middleware security.
- Operating systems security.
- Intrusion detection and protection.
- Cryptography and cryptographic protocols.
- Access control requirements and models.
- Language based security.
- Information protection, privacy and hiding.
- Semantic foundations of IT security.
- IT issues related to legal requirements.
- The workshop will provide a balanced mix of technical papers, implementation experiences,
applications and case studies.
- Kamel Adi, Université du Québec en Outaouais, Gatineau (Qc), Canada.
- Mourad Debbabi, Concordia University, Montreal (Qc), Canada
- Luigi Logrippo, Université du Québec en Outaouais, Gatineau (Qc), Canada
Program Committee (partial list)
- Kamel Adi, Université du Québec en Outaouais, Canada
- Abbie Barbir, Nortel Networks, Canada
- Mourad Debbabi, Concordia University, Canada
- Dan Craigen, Government of Canada
- Ridha Khedri, McMaster University, Canada
- Mohamed Mejri, Laval University, Canada
- John Mullins, École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada
- Luigi Logrippo, Université du Québec en Outaouais, Canada
The workshop will include presentations of technical papers, a session panel
and an invited talk. The session panel will focus on structured discussion by
participants on their experiences on the topics of the workshop.
Authors should submit their extended abstract electronically as an attachment
to an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The body of the email should contain, in plain text, the following information:
Coordinates of the corresponding author
Keywords chosen from the list of above topics
Papers should be up to 6 pages long, in .pdf (preferred) or MsWord format.
Although no specific format is required for the initial submission, accepted
papers will have to follow MCETECH Camera-Ready format for inclusion in the
Workshop Proceedings (see Instructions to Authors in http://www.mcetech.org/).
Submitted papers must be original and not submitted for publication elsewhere.
Each submitted paper will be reviewed by the program committee and the accepted
papers will be published in the workshop proceedings. Required clearances should
be obtained by the authors before submission.
Deadline for submission: Wednesday, December 19th, 2007
Notification to authors: Monday, January 7th, 2008
Final version due: Friday, January 18, 2008
For more information, please contact Tom Porter, Research
Facilitator at 966-1317 or email@example.com.