Recommended 3) Write and identify intervals
Objectives: The student should be able to:
1) Define interval, consonant, dissonant, intervallic quantity, intervallic quality, perfect consonance, imperfect consonance, minor, major, diminished, augmented, intervallic inversion.
2) Given an interval, provide its quality and quantity.
3) Given a pitch, construct a given interval above or below that pitch.
4) Given an interval, write its inversion.
5) Resolve a given dissonant interval correctly.
Return to the Department of Music