6) Write and identify all major scales
Objectives: The student should be able to:
1) Write and identify all major scales in the bass and treble clefs
2) Given a scale degree, write the scale to which it belongs
3) In the context of major scales, define scale, tonic, supertonic, mediant, subdominant, dominant, submediant, and leading tone.
• Practice identifying major scales (this drill requires the Flash player; most computers come with this installed) [under development]
• Print out a written self test and answer sheet
Return to the Department of Music