Recent changes to University and Department of Music policy have resulted in changes to the current Key Policy in the Department of Music. The University of Saskatchewan, Risk Management and Insurance Services, Facilities Management Division, and the Department of Music mandate these changes.
The following policy is effective September 1, 2011.
Department of Music Key Policy:
- Keys will be signed out to individual students on an as needed short-term basis only
- Keys will be signed out to students only during periods when they are currently enrolled in courses with the Department of Music.
- Keys will be signed out to students for specific use for purposes related to Department of Music course requirements only.
- Only one key per space will be provided to students
- All keys are signed out to students with the understanding that they are for the individual use of said person and are never to be shared or loaned to any other person(s).
- All keys are signed out to students with the understanding that they are responsible for said keys and will take appropriate steps to insure they are kept secure
- Keys are signed out to unlock spaces that are normally kept locked and secure. It is the expectation that all spaces will be locked and secured when leaving said space.
- Any key or keys that are lost or stolen will be communicated to the Administrative Assistant and Department Head immediately
- Lost keys are the responsibility of the individual to whom they are signed out
- The cost(s) associated with re-keying lock(s) will be the responsibility of the individual to whom they are signed out; the cost to re-key is $250 per lock.
- All Department of Music keys issued to students are to be returned on the due date specified by the Department of Music.
- Keys not returned on the due date specified by the Department of Music will incur late fees at the following rates:
- One day late = $10
- Each additional day = $5 to a maximum of $25 at which time a hold will be placed on the student account in the amount of the cost to re-key the space for which keys have been loaned ($250 per lock).
- It is important that all students prepare in advance to obtain the necessary keys for spaces they require access to. Custodians, faculty, or sessional instructors are not authorized to unlock spaces for student use.
- All students will be required to sign indicating they have read and understand the key policy before keys will be issued.
Please refer to the Department of Music Facilities and Equipment Policy for related information.
There are no exceptions to the above.