Activities of the Centre
1. Research Development & Grantsmanship
- Support the development of research proposals for Tri-Council (SSHRC & CIHR) and other funding related to nursing and interprofessional education (e.g., methodology consultation, internal reviews).
- Develop research capacity of faculty and graduate students through seminars designed to:(a) refine fundable research questions; (b) develop methodological expertise; and (c) explore collaborative methods in research.
- Conduct research on nursing education pedagogy and innovation.
2. Undergraduate Nursing Student Database
- Manage and further develop this database in conjunction with educational partners (SIAST, First Nations University of Canada, and other stakeholders).
- Conduct research on the undergraduate nursing student database (e.g., follow-up surveys, attrition).
- Maintain liaison with Institutional Analysis (University of Saskatchewan) in the development of the database.
3. Interprofessional Activities
- Participate in the development and evaluation of the IECPCP initiative.
- Develop relationships with researchers and graduate students in other Health Science Colleges at the University of Saskatchewan to develop and evaluate other interprofessional initiatives.
- Conduct research on interprofessional initiatives in collaboration with other Health Sciences Colleges at the University of Saskatchewan, and beyond.
4. Communication & Knowledge Transfer
- Develop and maintain linkages with related research centres and groups (particularly those in Western Canada).
- Develop and maintain linkages with policy-makers and other stakeholders at regional, provincial and national levels.
- Disseminate theory and research findings on innovations in nursing education and interprofessional education (based on research conducted by faculty and graduate students).
- Maintain liaison between the Centre and the curriculum committees of the various health science colleges to support integration of research findings into curriculum and program developments.