- To enhance nursing and health professions curricula and pedagogy through theory development and research;
- To enhance interprofessional health sciences education and practice for client-centered care;
- To identify the outcomes of interprofessional educational approaches to client-centered health care (including faculty, client, student and health system outcomes).
- To increase funding from SSHRC, the other Tri-Councils, and provincial and national agencies;
- To support health human resource planning at regional, provincial and national levels;
- To increase the number of Aboriginal people in the health professions;
- To provide graduate training in the field.