Continuing Education and Development for Nurses
Participating in Distance E-Learning Events
Things to do before the event:
- Register on-line using link on event page
- Please note: Registration closes 3 days prior to event. Late registration not accepted.
- Prior to the event, download your participant materials and bring them with you to the e-learning event.
- Print a copy of the FAX form for questions.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of the e-learning event in your area: including room location, location of washrooms, parking and cafeteria or restaurants.
Where do I go to see the E-Learning Event?
There are 23+ sites at educational institutions across the province that host College of Nursing E-Learning Events. The list of sites is as follows:
- Carlton Trail Regional College
- Cumberland Regional College
- Hudson Bay
- Great Plains Regional College
- Swift Current
- Northlands Regional College
- Buffalo Narrows
- La Ronge
- North West Regional College
- Meadow Lake
- North Battleford
- Parkland Regional College
- Moose Jaw
- Saskatoon - Kelsey Campus
- Prince Albert
- Southeast Regional College
- University of Saskatchewan
- College of Education (Broadcast Studio)
Check-in at least 15 minutes prior to the event
We have allowed 30 minutes for participant check-in. Please ensure you are seated and ready to participate in the e-learning session when the program goes ON AIR.
During the Event:
- Introduce yourself to your fellow participants
- Determine who will record notes or questions during the OFF-AIR or Question and Answer periods
- Determine who will be the designated spokesperson to call in questions
- Use the FAX sheets for faxed in questions and the telephone for call-in questions
Question and Answer Period:
The role of the facilitator is to assist participants with any questions or comments they may want to direct to our presenters at the studio. Check the agenda for the time of phone in questions. Questions may be sent at any time throughout the program by FAX. If the FAX will be used during the presentations use the FAX form available on-line.
The telephone and FAX numbers will appear on the television screen during the broadcast.
Telephone number is (306) 966-8800
FAX number is (306) 966-6548
TEXT number is (306) 220-0462
When a participant calls in with a question, please provide:
- The caller's name
- The E-Learning site you are calling from
Contact your LIVE Network Site Co-ordinator if you experience technical difficulties throughout the morning. Colour bars will appear 10 minutes before the program begins to check audio and video signal.
After the workshop
You will be provided a URL for an on-line evaluation. All participants are asked to complete the evaluation and submit it on-line. Participants who are unable to access the evaluation on-line are asked to contact CEDN at (306) 966-8363 to request a fax copy.