Continuing Education and Development for Nurses
Foot Care Modalities for the Elderly Person
Description: To standardize basic foot care of elderly people in the province of Saskatchewan, within the scope of practice of Registered Nurses, Registered Psychiatric Nurses, and Licensed Practical Nurses by providing:
- an increased understanding of the structure and function of the foot
- an awareness of the more common foot and nail pathologies and ability to determine when it would be appropriate to refer to a podiatrist or a physician
- an increased understanding of etiology, pathology, assessment and nursing intervention associated with diabetes, venous vascular disease, peripheral arterial disease, and ulcerations of the ankle and foot
- information and practice on geriatric foot and diabetic foot assessment techniques
- information on instruments: use, sterilization, cleaning and disinfecting techniques, as well as care and storage
- an opportunity to participate in foot care procedures including nail and skin care, and padding and strapping
- an awareness of the health and safety factors involved in providing foot care
Dr. Edward Hauck - Saskatoon
Dr. Sarah-Jane Roche - Saskatoon
Dr. Mariusz Gurgul - Saskatoon
Dr. Ata Stationwala - Moose Jaw
Dr. Steven Harris - Prince Albert - Saskatoon
Dr. Corrine Campbell - North Battleford, Saskatoon
Workshops sell out quickly - so early registration is advised.
COST: $315.00 + GST (Includes all course materials)
Full fees must accompany registration. No post-dated cheques accepted.
Payment will be processed before registration is guaranteed and pre-course materials are mailed.
DEADLINE for registration is 3 weeks prior to the date of the workshop.
Each workshop is limited to 20 registrants. No substitutions.
The registration fee will be refunded, less an administration fee of $75.00 plus GST if:
Notification of cancellation is received 7 days prior to the date of the workshop, and course material is returned to CEDN.
NO REFUND will be made for cancellations received after the 7 days prior to the workshop.