Perinatal Education Program
Joint Program of the Colleges of Nursing and Medicine
The purpose of the Perinatal Education Program is to promote optimal perinatal outcomes based on evidence-based care and to identify, facilitate and evaluate continuing education and professional development for physicians, nurses, midwives and other health care professionals providing care to mothers and their newborns.
Objectives of the Perinatal Education Program:
- Promote maintenance of competence of perinatal health care providers throughout Saskatchewan by providing education programs, consultation services and learning resources.
- Provide professional education to reduce perinatal mortality and morbidity
- Support a comprehensive, coordinated approach to perinatal health care and education in the province.
- Collaborate with other health organizations to promote public education leading to optimal perinatal outcomes
- Promote family-centred maternity & newborn care
Perinatal Education Program Coordinators can assist with planning or will provide on request:
- group learning activities
- consultation with individuals, groups, facilities and health regions
- current literature on obstetrical and neonatal topics
- information about best practice, policies and procedures, equipment and documentation