Continuing Education and Development for Nurses
April 12 - 13, 2013
Continuing Education and Development for Nurses in partnership with Continuing Professional Learning, College of Medicine and the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency is pleased to announce the Oncology 2013 Conference.
The target audience for this conference is nurses, nurse practitioners, family physicians, pharmacists, and social workers, however occupational therapists, physical therapists and other health care providers are welcome to attend.
This conference will discuss current cancer guidelines and controversies, case management challenges and opportunities for improvement, and patient related outcome indicators. Updates will also be provided on prostate, colon, pediatric, breast, lung, gynecological, and hematological cancers, as well as a discussion of working with the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, managing oncologic emergencies in the community, and much more. Please see the conference objectives and draft program for more details.
The objectives of this conference are:
• Discuss current cancer guidelines & controversies.
• Identify when to suspect cancer clinically & make appropriate referrals.
• Identify current and emerging cancer treatment modalities.
• Manage cancer related emergencies and side effects.
• Describe the value of the interdisciplinary approach to patient and family centered cancer care.
• Discuss the ethical issues related to second opinions.
• Describe the patient's cancer journey - challenges, opportunities for improvement, transitions and intervention, and chronicity.
• Describe follow-up and long-term side effects when pediatric cancer survivors become adults..
• Analyze quality outcome indicators as partial measures of patient and family centered cancer care.
Conference Agenda - PDF
Conference Brochure - PDF
|Pink Tree||Screening Programs for Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, and Colorectal Cancer|