The Public Health Nursing unit focuses on health promotion, health protection and disease prevention. Healthy choices are promoted in the areas of nutrition, tobacco, injury prevention, physical activity, sexual health and dental health. Specific programs including education and support are provided in the areas of prenatal, newborn, preschool, school age and seniors' health.
- communicable disease control and follow-up
- child health clinics: infant and preschool screening and referral, counselling and health education
- immunization: preschool and school immunization / flu clinics / International Travel Clinics
- health promotion and health education
- prenatal classes
- postnatal follow-up
- pediatric follow-up
- parenting classes
- school health
- Teen Wellness Centre: sexuality and birth control information and supplies
- home visits
- community development
Students will have an opportunity to be involved in all service areas.