Public Health works with individuals, agencies, and communities to achieve an optimal level of health and well being.
- prenatal classes, postnatal follow-up, and breastfeeding support
- child health conferences for infants and preschoolers
- health promotion
- school based health education
- communicable disease follow-up
- referral to: speech language pathologists, nutritionist/dietician, dental health educator, public health inspector, early childhood psychologists, doctors, etc.
Students, in the past, have been involved in:
- prenatal classes
- school education
- child health clinics
- home visits -- prenatal and postnatal
- communicable disease tracking
- immunizations at fall flu clinics
Students can go, for the day, to Beardy's and One Arrow First Nations and spend time with: Child, Youth and Family Counsellors, Addictions Counsellor, Mental Health Nurse, Successful Mothers Coordinator, Health Promotion Coordination, Dietician, and OT/PT.