Information about the College
Available Academic Appointments
To meet the dynamic and exciting growth of our nursing programs, tenure-track (research, professional practice or academic programming) faculty positions are available at our Saskatoon, Regina, and Prince Albert campuses. Candidates are currently sought for tenure-track faculty positions with a focus on research or teaching.
Available Instructor Positions
Instructor - Lab, Clinical and Classroom
Job Profile and General Responsibilities
- Attend the College of Nursing orientation session for new instructors in August of the first year hired, or at the next offering if this is not possible in the initial year of hire.
- Attend student course orientations and instructor course meetings at the beginning of the term and throughout as necessary.
- Promote student learning in the psychomotor, cognitive and attitudinal domains.
- Consult with the course coordinator to ensure a safe, meaningful and effective learning experience for students.
- Consult with course coordinator in a timely fashion when issues arise regarding student performance.
- Assess student progress and performance in relation to the course objectives, literal descriptors and professional standards, verbally and in writing throughout the clinical rotation, using both formative (ongoing) and summative evaluations, taking into consideration input from agency staff and student where applicable.
- Maintain accurate documentation of student progress.
- Evaluate/mark assignments related to the course.
- Submit a written mid-term and final evaluation to the course coordinator.
- Maintain communication with other members of the course team.
- Participate in course and teacher evaluation processes.
- Participate in the College of Nursing annual professional development day in the spring of each academic year.
Clinical/Lab Responsibilities (where applicable to individual contract workload)
- Provide students with an orientation to the clinical area/lab/preceptorship.
- Assist with clinical laboratory simulation and clinical examinations where applicable.
- Select suitable clinical learning experiences for students, bearing in mind the course objectives, learning needs and skill levels of the students, policies of the clinical agency (where applicable) and policies of the College of Nursing.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the clinical agency and staff.
- Assist students to prepare for the nursing care they will be providing.
- Demonstrate clinical skills as necessary.
- Work with students as they provide nursing care, supervising as necessary, promoting client and student safety.
- Master's preferred, BSN and minimum two years clinical experience required
- Registration with the SRNA
- Proof of current clinical competence
- Demonstrate a keen interest in nursing, teaching and learning and mentoring students
To apply or learn more about these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please include the College of Nursing sites (Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert & North) you would like to be considered for.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.