International Study Abroad
In our globalized world, there is a growing need to develop our students understanding of universal health issues. One of the best ways to instill a sense of global citizenship is an international study abroad experience. The College of Nursing currently offers study abroad experiences for students in our Post-Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (PDBSN) program and for Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) students in years two and three. Students are selected based on good academic standing, a letter of application, references and an interview.
International Practicum Countries
The College of Nursing offers international practicums in the following countries: Australia, Finland, Philippines and Tanzania. Note: Not all experiences may be offered every year.
Who Can Apply
The following students are eligible for study abroad placements:
- 1st year PDBSN (limited countries available for Winter 2015)
- 2nd year BSN (4 countries available for Winter 2016; Tanzania only for spring 2015)
- 3rd year BSN (3 countries available for Winter 2015)
There is an International Study Abroad Information Session held February or March of each year to give students the most up-to-date information. An email is sent out to students in advance to notify them of the date.
- 2014-2015 International Practicum Information Session
- 2015 & 2016 International Practicum Placement Information