Education Enhancement Grant
A limited number of Education Enhancement Bursaries are available to assist students in the College of Nursing to participate in worthwhile educational experiences. Activities may include, but are not limited to, professional conference registration or travel and clinical placements (rural or international).
Bursaries are made possible because of generous donors who recognize the importance of investing in nursing students.
Requests for funding need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Applicants must be full-time students in the College of Nursing.
- Applicants must have an academic record in good standing.
- Only one application from an individual student will be accepted each academic year.
- Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated leadership.
- Preference will be given to requests that are applicable or congruent with the College of Nursing’s integrated plan.
It is recognized there may be valuable and unique opportunities that will fall outside the guidelines and that such applications will be considered based on the benefit of the experience to the individual student and/or the College of Nursing.
Professional conference expenses - up to $300/year
International conference expenses - up to $500/year
Clinical placement support - rural SK - $ varies
Clinical placement support - international - $ varies
* The College reserves the right vary bursary amounts based on the number of requests.
How to Apply:
The following information is required:
- Name, contact information, including email address;
- Description of the activity, date(s) and location, title of event if applicable (brochure of the event if available);
- Detailed budget (including other sources of funding applied for or approved);
- Include information about any additional accommodations or travel costs needed for clinical placements outside of home community.
- Benefits of the activity to the student including leadership opportunities. (max. 300 words)
Please note: Successful applicants will be asked to forward their social insurance number to the College of Nursing Finance department for bursary processing.
Applications will be accepted at any time of the year, and will be awarded based on funds available. Email applications to Roxanne Cossette at Roxanne.firstname.lastname@example.org .