Cell Phone Usage
To set expectations and guidelines for the use of cellular phones in classroom, lab and clinical settings
The use of cellular phones in classroom, lab and clinical settings must be respectful and must not interfere with the learning experience of the owner or those around them. In clinical settings students are expected to follow agency policy regarding cell phone use.
- Many courses in nursing will require the use of a smart phone for academic, research and point of care purposes. Students are expected to bring these devices to class with them when required.
- Audible feedback from the device (including ringtones, vibrations and keystroke chimes) should be silent to minimize disruption to others.
- Patient confidentiality and privacy laws must be respected.
- Personal use of cell phones and texting should be kept to a minimum in classroom and labs.
- Personal use of cell phones and texting is not permitted in clinical settings.
- In clinical settings, students and instructors are expected to follow agency policy.