All Master of Nursing students in practicum settings are required to submit documentation of current immunization status for the following:
- Tetanus, Diptheria, (Td): Primary series (typically received in childhood)
- Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (TDaP): Booster on entry to the program (if required)
- Polio: Primary series, booster if travelling in endemic areas
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella: Proof of immunity by documented illness; a positive serologic test for antibody; or documented proof of vaccination.
- *Note - two doses of measles vaccine required if no prior confirmation of immunity.
- Tuberulin (Mantoux): Initial Mantoux the month prior to first clinical practicum. If past history of positive Tuberulin - MD note is required re CXR surveillance and/ or treatment
- Hepatitis B: Series of three injections followed by an antibody check. If student has already received this series of immunizations, lab evidence of immunity is required.
- Hepatitis A: Recommended for students, particularly those students wishing to complete practicums in northern areas.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) : Recommended if no history of documented illness, positive serologic test for antibody, or proof of vaccination.
- Influenza/H1N1: Recommended annually. Failure to be immunized for influenza may result in withdrawal from clinical practicum experiences in the event of an influenza outbreak.