Bachelor of Science in Nursing
How to Apply
Contact an academic advisor.
Admission to the four year non-direct entry BSN undergraduate program is a two step process. Students must apply for admission to complete one year of pre-professional university level course requirements at an institution of their choice. Students wishing to pursue nursing education in second year at one of the UofS College of Nursing sites should then apply for admission to the College of Nursing.
Step 1 Apply for Pre Professional First Year in Arts & Science
The pre-professional courses may be completed throughout the province from a variety of institutions: including the College of Arts & Sciences, University of Saskatchewan; the Faculty of Arts and/or Science, University of Regina; or through a number of regional colleges offering accredited courses (such as Northlands College).
- UofS Arts & Science - Apply here
- UofR Arts & Science - Apply here
- UofS CCDE at Prince Albert - Apply here
- Northlands Regional College - Apply here
* Students wanting to apply to the Northlands College site must be Northerners. The definition of a Northerner is someone who has spent 10 years or ½ their lifetime residing in the Northlands College area (Click to view Map).
Step 2 Apply for second year at College of Nursing
All students interested in pursuing Nursing in second year at one of our sites must apply for admission to the College of Nursing during the first year of study.
- Application Deadline: March 31
- Documents Deadline: June 1
The College of Nursing accepts online applications only. You may access the online application from October 15 - March 31 at www.explore.usask.ca.
Students who apply for admission have the option of choosing a first, second third and fourth choice of campus they wish to attend. If a student is not eligible for admission to their first choice of campus they will be offered a seat at their second, third or fourth choice campus if they meet the competitive average. Students will also be offered a chance to be placed on a waitlist for their first choice campus. Students must choose either the option of the waitlist or the seat at their second, third or fourth choice campus. Once the student makes their decision they are not able to switch.
University of Saskatchewan students:
- Log-in to PAWS and click on the Academics tab
- Click on the Admissions link within the Admission channel
- Choose ‘Nursing - four year BSN' from the Application Type drop menu and click Continue
Current University of Saskatchewan students are required to pay the $90 application fee to apply for year 2 of the BSN program.
Non-University of Saskatchewan students:
- Go to www.explore.usask.ca
- If you have previously applied, enter your Login ID and PIN and click Login
- Otherwise, follow the First time user account creation instructions
You may pay the $90 application fee at the end of the online application form, or you may select to submit payment at another time via:
- Credit Card
- Personal Cheque or Money Order
- Debit or Cash
Mailed Payments: A Payment of Fees form (PDF) should be included with any mailed payments. Cheques are made payable to the University of Saskatchewan. If you would like to pay using MasterCard or VISA, information can be provided over the telephone, but the card must bear your name.
Pay in Person: Please note that The College of Nursing office does not process the application fee. Please pay in person at the Student Central office located at the following address:
Recruitment and Admissions
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2
Tel: (306) 966-5788
Fax: (306) 966-2115
If you find that you omitted information after submitting your on-line application, please do not submit another on-line application. Multiple submissions may result in processing delays for your file. Submit your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.