Information for Students
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
How to Apply
Contact an academic advisor.
Admission to the four year non-direct entry BSN undergraduate program is a two step process. Students must apply for admission to complete one year of pre-professional university level course requirements at an institution of their choice. Students wishing to pursue nursing education in second year at one of the UofS College of Nursing sites should then apply for admission to the College of Nursing.
Step 1 Apply for Pre Professional First Year in Arts & Science
The pre-professional courses may be completed throughout the province from a variety of institutions: including the College of Arts & Sciences, University of Saskatchewan; the Faculty of Arts and/or Science, University of Regina; or through a number of regional colleges offering accredited courses (such as Northlands College).
|UofS Arts & Science||Application Guide||Apply here|
|UofR Arts & Science||Application Guide||Apply here|
|UofS CCDE at Prince Albert||(see UofS Application Guide above)||Apply here|
|Northlands Regional College||Application Guide *||Apply here|
* Students wanting to apply to the Northlands College site must be Northerners. The definition of a Northerner is someone who has spent 10 years or ½ their lifetime residing in the Northlands College area (Click to view Map).
Step 2 Apply for second year at College of Nursing
All students interested in pursuing Nursing in second year at one of our sites must apply for admission to the College of Nursing during the first year of study.
- Application Deadline: March 31 ***Please note that the application deadline for the Prince Albert campus has been extended to May 1, 2013. The application deadline for the Regina campus has been extended to May 31, 2013.
- Documents Deadline: June 1 *** Please note that for all campuses official transcripts, proof of registration of Spring semester courses, proof of English proficiency, proof of Aboriginal ancestry and the application fee must be received by June 1, 2013. For the Regina campus only unofficial transcripts will be accepted if received by June 1. The final transcript deadline for the Regina campus only has been extended to August 15, 2013.
The College of Nursing accepts online applications only. You may access the online application from October 15 - March 31 at www.explore.usask.ca. At this time, the online application system does not support Internet Explorer 9 web browser. It is recommended that users complete the online application using Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 5.
University of Saskatchewan students:
- Log-in to PAWS and click on the Academics tab
- Click on the Admissions link within the Admission channel
- Choose ‘Nursing - four year BSN' from the Application Type drop menu and click Continue
Current University of Saskatchewan students are required to pay the $90 application fee to apply for year 2 of the BSN program.
Non-University of Saskatchewan students:
- Go to www.explore.usask.ca
- If you have previously applied, enter your Login ID and PIN and click Login
- Otherwise, follow the First time user account creation instructions
You may pay the $90 application fee at the end of the online application form, or you may select to submit payment at another time via:
- Credit Card
- Personal Cheque or Money Order
- Debit or Cash
Mailed Payments: A Payment of Fees form (PDF) should be included with any mailed payments. Cheques are made payable to the University of Saskatchewan. If you would like to pay using MasterCard or VISA, information can be provided over the telephone, but the card must bear your name.
Pay in Person: Please note that The College of Nursing office does not process the application fee. Please pay in person at the Student Central office located at the following address:
Recruitment and Admissions
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A2
Tel: (306) 966-5788
Fax: (306) 966-2115
If you find that you omitted information after submitting your on-line application, please do not submit another on-line application. Multiple submissions may result in processing delays for your file. Submit your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Information for High School Students Considering Nursing
Application Information for Current University Students Considering Nursing