Master of Nursing
International Student Admission Requirements:
Deadline date for Master of Nursing Nurse Practitioner Applications is January 15
Deadline date for Master of Nursing Thesis and Course based Applications is February 15.
In addition to the degree specific admission requirements, international students must provide the following:
- Proof of RN licensure as well as proof of being in good standing in the applicants' home country.
- For Nurse Practitioner applicants you must obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse in a Canadian Province or Territory. Without licensure you would not be evaluated for admission.
- Evidence of proficiency in English - please note that the College of Nursing is in the process of raising their English proficiency requirements to match the requirements of the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association. These include Overall IELTS (Academic version) score of 7.5 (Speaking 7.5, Writing 7.5, Listening 8, Reading 7). Comparable TOEFL scores would be 7 = 94-101, 7.5 = 102 - 109, and 8 = 110 - 114. Students currently meeting this level will be given preference.
- For a list of countries that are exempt from the English requirement please see the URL below.
- PhD and Nurse Practitioner applicants will also be required to have an interview via Skype or other means.
Please arrange for all official transcripts and official English proficiency exams to
College of Nursing
107 Wiggins Rd
Saskatoon SK S7N 5E5.
For further information, please email