Information for Students
Post Registration BSN Program
Students must register for all nursing courses through PAWS by August 15 for Term 1 (Sept - Dec) classes; December 15 for Term 2 (Jan - April) classes; April 15 for Spring/Summer classes. Please click on the link to see how to do a course offering search
- Note: To view course descriptions, please refer to the UofS online Course Catalogue >>
- Post Registration BSN Self-Planning Form is available in PDF and Word formats.
Required nursing courses:
- NURS 329.1 Primary Health Care & Nursing (on campus)
- NURS 318.3 Health Assessment
- NURS 413.3 Teaching & Learning for Health
- NURS 448.3 Nursing in Community Settings
- NURS 416.3 Management in the Health Care Environment
- NURS 483.3 Cultural Diversity & Aboriginal Health
- NURS 491.3 Research in Nursing
- NURS 484.3 Primary Health Care Practice
- NURS 411.3 Policy, Politics, & Professionalism (on campus)
Nursing electives (one of):
- NURS 426.3 Health Program Planning
- NURS 476.3 Health & Aging
- NURS 478.3 Rural Nursing
- NURS 486.3 Forensic Nursing in Secure Environments
More information about Course Descriptions and Pre-Requisites.
Nursing courses/nursing electives will usually be offered once per calendar year. For more detailed descriptions of the above courses please see the current U of S Calendar in print or online.
- 12 credit units Social Sciences
Note: Applicants who have completed a two-year nursing diploma program at SIAST may be given credit for social science courses: Psychology 110.6 and Sociology 110.6.
- 12 credit units Open Electives
- 3 credit units Statistics
- STAT 244.3
- PSY 233.3
- EPSE 441.3
- PLSC 314.3
Non-nursing courses may be taken by independent studies. See calendar from Extension Division, University of Saskatchewan, for course offerings. The calendar is available in June (phone: 306-966-6739). University credit courses are also given at a number of locations in the province. The University of Regina offers courses in various locations in the south of the province. Some required courses may be taken during Spring and Summer Session. Contact the College of Nursing for information.
Spring 2012 Class Schedule
|NURS 411||June 4 to June 15||Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00 on campus|
|NURS 484||April 30 to June 22||clinical placement|
|NEPS 400||June 4 to June 22||Monday-Friday on campus in Saskatoon and
|NEPS 427||April 30 to May 11||Monday-Friday on campus in Saskatoon and
Regina 9:00-11:00 & 1:00-3:00