SmartPark card Instructions
- The University of Saskatchewan is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged SmartPark cards.
- SmartPark card sales are final. Refunds will not be given on unused or partially used SmartPark cards.
- In the event that the SmartPark card does not work, you are still required to use coins to park at the meter.
- Insert SmartPark card with "chip" side facing down into any parking meter at the University.
- One SmartPark card for one meter at a time.
- Always re-insert your SmartPark card before you leave the parking stall (log out).
- Check remaining SmartPark card value in any meter (**do not do this if you just logged in**)
- SmartPark card can be re-charged.
- SmartPark cards are available in $50, $75, $100 and $125 values.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have inserted my SmartPark card in a meter and it does not do anything, what should I do?
- Make sure you have inserted the SmartPark card with the chip side down.
- Try inserting your SmartPark card more firmly.
- The meter may be faulty. Try inserting your SmartPark card into a different meter.
- Call 966-4502 for assistance.
What does it mean when my meter displays "IN" or "OUT"?"IN" means that you are logging into the meter. The meter will then display the maximum time allowed on the parking meter or the amount of time the SmartPark card can purchase with its remaining balance. Then remove your SmartPark card. Always remember to reinsert your SmartPark card before you leave or your card will be charged for the meter's maximum time value the next time you insert your SmartPark card in any meter.
"OUT" means that you are now leaving your parking space and wish to pay for only the time you used while logged in at the meter. If you see an "Out" or "11:11" upon inserting your SmartPark card at a new parking space, then you have forgotten to log out at your last parking meter and will be charged for the meter's maximum time. Always remember to reinsert your SmartPark card when you leave, even if no time remains on the meter.
Is there a minimum purchase each time I use my SmartPark card?You are only charged for the time you are logged onto the meter to the nearest minute.
How do I check the value remaining on my SmartPark card without being charged?Insert your SmartPark card into a meter, provided that you have not just added time to the meter (logged in). The meter will then indicate the value remaining on your SmartPark card. Once the remaining value is displayed, remove your SmartPark card immediately. If you leave your SmartPark card in too long, the meter will display IN. You will then have to reinsert your SmartPark Card and will be charged twenty-five cents.
If my meter indicates "Coins Only", what should I do?
The meter is in SAFE mode and will reset itself after 60 seconds. You can then insert your SmartPark card, or you may deposit a coin to speed up the process.