Students Living in Residence
Resident Students include:
- Voyageur Place consists of four Residence Halls: Athabasca Hall, Saskatchewan Hall, Qu'Appelle Hall and Qu'Appelle Hall Addition.
- McEown Park consists of four Residence Halls: Assiniboine Hall, Seager Wheeler Hall, Souris Hall and Wollaston Hall.
- College Quarter consists of four Residence Halls: Aspen Hall, Birch Hall, Pine Hall and Spruce Hall.
- Sheptytsky Institute (apply through your residence office to be placed on list, then attend Parking Services)
- Lutheran Residence (apply through your residence office to be placed on list, then attend Parking Services)
Voyageur Place Residents (excepting RA's and early arrivals) may purchase parking in Stadium Parkade for the upcoming year after you have signed your Residence Agreement for the fall. Stadium Parkade parking is purchased at Parking and Transportation Services, 72 Campus Drive . At time of purchase, a valid student card and vehicle registration is required. Vehicle registration must be in the leaseholder's name or legal guardian's name.
- Cost of resident parking will be $470.00 (no GST) (September-April).
- Parking will be provided on all levels of the parkade. There are 259 electrified stalls located throughout the parkade and can be used by resident students, however there is no guarantee that an electrified stall will be available.
- Must be entered in at least one class by student pick up deadline (September annually) in order to purchase parking.
Resident students do not enter the Online Sale. One permit (any location) per student.
Top 10 Parking Tips!
- Vehicles cannot be parked at any time on University Property without valid plates. Any vehicles left while owners are out of the country, for example, can and will be towed to a towing compound and all towing fees and storage will be the responsibility of the registerered owner. Depending on the time involved, this can be very expensive.
- Can I use my AVI (Automative Vehicle Identification tag) to assist another vehicle leaving the parkade? No, you may not. For example, your vehicle is having mechanical problems and you require assistance of a tow truck or a boost from a friend or relative. That vehicle MUST take a ticket on entry and pay on exit. Even though they may not be actually parking, and are there only to assist, it is against the University bylaw to assist another vehicle in leaving the parkade without paying. If you use your AVI tag to do so, you will be in contravention of the bylaw ANTIPASS BACK and the assisting vehicle will be breaking the bylaw LEAVE LOT WITHOUT PAYING. Each of these bylaws have a penalty of $250 and will be captured on video surveillance. In addition to the penalty, your parking privilege may be revoked.
- Pay lots operate 24/7, 365 days per year. If you choose to park in a pay lot, you must pay the appropriate fee to exit. Pay lots are monitored at all times by video surveillance.
- What are the operating time of meters? Please see meter time limits and rates.
- Can I park in non-designated areas, disabled stalls or stalls otherwise marked after hours? NO, this is in effect 24/7, 365 days per year even if all the stalls are empty. They are reserved all of the time and no parking is always no parking.
- Stadium Parkade permit holders must know that there is a disclaimer that states there is no guarantee of parking even though you have paid for parking in this lot. The disclaimer states that permit holders must find alternate parking, at their own cost, if the lot is full. Stadium Parkade is designated as visitor parking and we cannot stop users from using the parkade and we have no way to limit access to permit holders only, therefore as part of the parking contract, this disclaimer exists.
- Snow clearing: Signs will be posted in advance, designating when snow clearing shall commence. All vehicles must be removed from the lot during this period. NO EXCEPTIONS! Alternative parking during this time is the owner's responsibility and at the owner's expense. If you are absent during winter months with your vehicle parked in the lot, you MUST make advance arrangements for someone to move your vehicle for snow clearing. Your vehicle must have a permit and must be duly licensed at all times. If any of these conditions are not met, the vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense. Again, this can be very expensive especially if you are away for a long period of time.
- Can I get a refund if I no longer require parking? Yes. Any unused full calendar months can be refunded; however, you would lose the benefit of having purchased at a longer term reduced rate and there will be an administrative fee as well. There will be no refund for the last month of any contract. The permit is required at time of refund.
- Can I use my U lot or Stadium Parkade permit on campus at night? Yes, you can. Your permit, which must be properly displayed at all times, will be valid in all non gated lots after 5 pm, and in all student lots after 4 pm. Please see night parking for specific locations. This does NOT include meters, pay lots, pay by plate, Lot 7 or private lots such as NRC, Canada Agriculture or RUH at any time.
- Can I pay for violations online? Yes, with a valid credit card (Visa or Mastercard), you may pay online for violations ONLY at https://parking.usask.ca/tickets/. You will require both the violation number and your vehicle plate number to complete payment.
We hope these tips will help you make smart parking decisions but if you are ever in doubt, please use the HELP button at all pay station exits or call us at 966-4502. Our staff will be more than happy to assist you in whatever way they can.