I have specific questions about My Courses. Where can I find assistance?
How long are course files available on PAWS?
PAWS Courses are removed from PAWS two years after they become active. Please backup any files you wish to retain once your course has ended.
When will next term's classes be available in PAWS?
New terms will appear in PAWS approximately one month before they become active. For example, new fall terms become active each September, so they appear in PAWS each August; new winter terms become active each January, so they appear in PAWS each December.
I am a teaching assistant (TA) but I do not see an Academics tab in my PAWS account. What do I do?
In PAWS Group/Course tools I am unable to view PDF files when using Safari on a Macintosh. When I click the filename I receive the error "You have too many outstanding requests, wait for them to complete, then try again."
This is a known issue with Safari and Adobe on Macintosh.
Modify the settings in Adobe Reader.
- ensure that you have QUIT Safari
- start Adobe Reader
- select "Preferences" from the Adobe Reader menu
- select "Internet" from the list of Categories
- un-check the "Display PDF in browser using:" option
- quit Adobe Reader
I am teaching a class but it does not appear in My Courses in PAWS. Why?
Class information must first be entered into SiRIUS, the U of S Student Information System, before it will appear in PAWS. Please contact the person in your department who is responsible for instructor data and ask them to have you "assigned to the course" in SiRIUS.
Where do I get help with registration?
Assistance with registration including course questions, usage queries and general comments should be directed to Student Central at 966-1212, toll free at 1-877-650-1212, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I need an NSID to register. Where do I get this?
Where can I find my class locations?
You can find your class locations in two places within PAWS.
- Class locations are available in the PAWS Calendar application by selecting the calendar for a particular class. The location is listed following the time on the calendar.
- You can search for class locations by selecting the "Class Locations" link in the My Courses channel on your Academics tab.
Can a parent of a prospective student obtain the NSID or change the password?
NSIDs and passwords can only be given to account holders. Parents may assist with the registration process; however, account information will be given only to the student for whom it is created. More information about this and other computer use policies is available on our University IT Policies pages.
Where can I view my Midterm and Final Grades?
- login to PAWs
- select ACADEMICS tab
- select REGISTRATION link in Registration channel
- select STUDENT SERVICES (even though it is already highlighted)
- select STUDENT RECORDS
- select MIDTERM GRADES or VIEW YOUR FINAL GRADES / UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
- select VIEW UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT in the "My Grades & Transcripts" channel to view FINAL grades