SK Pharmacists Learning PortfolioLicense renewal: When you send in your license renewal/fees, you DO NOT need to include a copy of your Professional Development Log (PDL). However, as a Saskatchewan pharmacist, you are responsible for maintaining a record of your continuing education accomplishments by using the PDL. Please keep track of the CEUs you claim each year, the same CEUs cannot be claimed in different years. CEUs earned are documented on individual Learning Project Record sheets (see below) or CEU certificates. Keep a copy of each year's PDL, as well as all supporting documentation or materials for a total of 7 years, this will be required in the event that you are audited by the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals (SCPP).
Claiming Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Some tips . . .
- CEUs should only be claimed for a program, course, or reading topics that are relevant to your practice of pharmacy.
- The purpose of the Learning Project Record (LPR) sheets is to give evidence of learning to support the claim of maintenance of competence. It is important to complete this record in order to justify claiming the CEUs. When writing up the "Practice Issue" section, please remember this section is intended to elicit what your goals were for attending the program (or studying online) and why you wanted to review this topic. When completing the "Reflection Notes" section, note that these are meant to capture your take home messages, you need to go into some detail. For example, if you say you will use the information to modify your practice, SCPP wants to know how you will use the information to modify your practice.
- When writing up "Non-accredited" LPR sheets, a maximum of 4 hours only can be claimed per LPR sheet. If you are claiming more than 4 hours, use 2 sheets and divide up the hours of learning between the 2 LPRs. Remember, you can claim 1 CEU for every hour of learning, .5 CEUs for 1/2 hour and so on; however, you cannot count breaks or Question and Answer times as part of the learning.
- SCP will accept MainPro accreditation on a 1 for 1 basis; for example, 2 MainPro credits = 2 CEUs. For those of you doing Continuing Learning from American sites, SCP will accept American Council of Pharmacy Education credts (ACPE). For ACPE credits assigned a 0.1 ACPE that will = 1.0 CEU and so on.
- If you have prepared and dleivered a workshop or presentation to fellow helath professionals or at a public forum, you may qualify for CEUs for your effort and learning experience. You can count your reading and reasearch time. The actual presentation and question & answer time does not count for CEUs. This would be considered self-directed learning and would be wrritten up on the "accredited Self-Study" LPR sheet.
THE SASKATCHEWAN PHARMACISTS LEARNING PORTFOLIO
The Saskatchewan Pharmacists Learning Portfolio has been developed to help you track your professional development activities, and reflect on the practice-related outcomes of your learning. It recognizes a broader scope of learning activities than traditional continuing pharmacy education.
**** Saskatchewan Pharmacists Learning Portfolio PDF-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Accredited Live CE Program PDF-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Accredited Live CE Program MS Word-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Accredited Self-Study CE Program PDF-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Accredited Self-Study CE Program MS Word-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Non-Accredited Professional Development PDF-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Non-Accredited Professional Development MS Word-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Non-Accredited PD Long-Term Activity - PDF-Format
**** Learning Project Record - Non-Accredited PD Long-Term Activity - MS Word-Format
**** Professional Development Log - PDF Format
****Click Here to Download Adobe Acrobate Reader *
As you continue to use your portfolios, please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Return to Home Page